Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oregon Coast


Ok, so I haven't been weaving......I should be weaving, that black chenille warp has been sitting on the loom since the day I started it. But I had research to do and a 19 page rough draft of a handout to put together on surface design.........did that, ready to get back to the loom this week and then on to making samples for the program.

So yesterday we decided we needed some of those negative ions flitting around on the coast, so off to Bandon we went for the day. It was beautiful, sunny, a little breezey which made it cool but not too cool. Fish & chips on the dock, candy sampling at Cranberry Sweets, a trip to The Wool Company, yes with purchases and a couple free patterns, (and the golf store for Sam) then playing on the beach. I did get some sock knitting done on the drive over and back........no, I was not driving and knitting!

I hope to get the streaming leaves scarf blocked today in-between pulling weeds and grass out of the flower beds - picked up a number of new plants to get in the ground too. I only have a postage stamp size area to tend since the majority of our 5 acres is wooded but it still seems to get the better of me.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an idyllic day Cindie. We haven't been to the coast in years!
    So, what goodies did you add to your stash????

    ReplyDelete
  2. In years! We go over often, especially in the 5th wheel - need our ocean fix for mental health.
    Goodies were only 2 skeins of a tweed by Cascade to make a cabled scarf - free pattern...knit tea cozy pattern...free ear flapper pattern for Yvonne....size 5 & 6 bamboo needles. Oh, and then there were the chocolate goodies at Cranberry Sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yarn, chocolate, and a day at the beach... I don't think it gets much better than that!

    19 page handout? Wow, you really put a lot of work into those! I don't think I've ever seen a handout that size for a guild program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I'm an over-achiever!
    Covering lots of info in this program

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!