Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sam the hero !!!

Sam is my hero tonight......well, he's my hero everyday but especially tonight. I turned on the AVL, he laid on the floor with a flashlight watching the solenoids fire, which they all did.  He studied and studied and finally figured out that harness #40 is so far back there that any tiny bit off and it won't catch to raise when it should. He said cables can stretch with time so he tightened up the cable leading to the e-lift box and all is well. Turned everything back on again and #40 is raising when it should now - whoo hoo.  Tomorrow I'm weaving !!!

What I have learned from this is that I should always have a warp on the Macomber too so if I'm dying to weave and the AVL is having an issue I can move over to the other loom. Will have to get a warp on there soon......will be thinking on it while I weave tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. horay for sam! so glad you are up and running again. nobody should be loomless on laundry day. laundry day=weaving day at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to have a technical wizard right in your own house? Brandon's always fixing things for me -- or inventing things to make my crafting easier.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!