Saturday, June 4, 2011

Yikes, I pulled the trigger.......

I sit here writing from my dorm room on beautiful Willamette University just up the road a few hours in Salem, OR. This is the most beautiful campus I've ever seen with Mill Creek running through it and incredible landscaping. It's located across the tracks from Mission Mill Museum and directly behind is the State Capitol Building.

I arrived on Thursday, have had a wonderful time visiting with fiber friends, old and new. I took 3 great seminars; Solving the Mystery of Fit with Daryl Lancaster, Fiber Beads with Rebecca Smith and Weaving with Space Dyed Yarns with  Bobbie Irwin. Pictures to come later of my fiber beads.....I brought no camera with me.

So today I pulled the trigger - I plunked down a sizeable deposit on an AVL 40 Harness V-Series Compu-dobby Loom - Yikes!!! Double Yikes!!!  This decision was not made lightly though. I've been thinking about buying a compudobby for a few years. So this new addition to the studio will be ready around August - plenty of time to move things around and out of the studio to make room for it.  The software will be arriving soon so I can be learning that while waiting for the loom.

So tomorrow morning I head home after breakfast..........and the required stop at Trader Joe's in Eugene. Sam and Bailey have been holding down the fort at home..........

4 comments:

  1. I have MAJOR shaft envy! Know you will enjoy your newest loom, lucky girl! Hope Trader Joe's was fun too, I miss shopping there - they don't exist out here in Salt Lake. Sigh, loom and food envy.... Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will enjoy your journey. I don't have enough footprint for one so it's not an option - phew. Congratulations on your newest family member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The footprint is pretty small but I do have one loom that is moving out, folded up and stored under the steps. Also going to need to move out a piece of furniture that's a great catch-all for piles, room is already tight, hoping it stays about the same with the changes.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!