Friday, August 27, 2010

Finally off the loom........

Finally I got these scarves off the loom yesterday and washed - they're rayon chenille, sure wish pictures could convey how yummy they feel. I am so not getting enough time weaving - other things in life keep getting in the way - makes for a grumpy me.

I weighed out 20 pounds of Polwarth roving to dye next week, Polwarth is a merino/lincoln cross. I've only spun a sample so far and really like it - can't wait to see how it takes the dye. Hiding under the 20 lbs of Polwarth, 20 lbs of BFL/Tussah and 20 lbs of Panda (merino/bamboo/nylon) I found another 10 lb bag of merino/tencel -yikes!  I better get busy dyeing......which cuts into the weaving time......

Fire news - haven't been able to get any good info this morning but Wednesday's triple digit weather and winds let the fire make a run to the north - last I heard more bombers, copters and firefighters were called in. Latest update I saw shows some structures in danger now as well as campgrounds - don't like it moving in this direction. Devastating, frightening, quick fire in Ashland Tuesday afternoon - within a couple of hours 11 houses consumed, others damaged, human caused along the freeway, jumped freeway into a golf course neighborhood. Couple of small fires yesterday in my area but both put out quickly. Temps have come down into the 70's, sure wish we'd see some rain. My chest is heavy with worry over fires each summer.....it takes it's toll.......

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, seems that my home in B.C. was threatened by fire several time. What a worry! Breathing can be a nightmare too!

    Love the chenille scarves, your colour are fabulous...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!