Saturday, December 19, 2009

Slouch Sox finished

The slouch sox started a couple months ago are done, just did a bit of knitting here and there on them, decided this last week to finish them up. These were knit from one of my hand-dyed sock blocks - the picture of it after dyeing is in the Sept. 21st post - it's the sock block on the right. It's a rectangle knit using 2 strands of sock yarn at once, it's dyed flat, steamed and hung to dry. Then for knitting I knit both socks at the same time unraveling as I go.....although in this case I unraveled into 2 balls before knitting. The Slouch Socks pattern is from the book Socks Socks Socks by XRX Books. I've knit this pattern several times now - love it. I've also knit several other patterns out of this book, great sock book.

3 comments:

I love your comments - thank you!