Monday, March 16, 2009

Roving, finally dry..............



The roving is finally dry - well, almost dry. If the ends of 4 lengths hadn't been laying in a puddle of water on the plastic overnight it would have been totally dry. Those 4 lengths are on one of the electric drying racks.....they'll be dry within a couple hours. After dyeing on Friday the weather turned rainy so I knew the roving would never dry in the garage - it got moved into the sewing room on the big wooden drying racks with the ceiling fan overhead and the heat turned up. Then I pulled out the Hamilton Beach electric sweater dryers to start putting lengths of it on those - it dries so quickly on those. Another fiber friend told me about these racks a couple years ago - she got hers at Kmart and uses them for drying fleeces on. Of course, we don't have a Kmart around here so I checked WalMart, nothing there either so then I checked online. Well, WalMart had them on their website and they were on sale so I ordered two of them - they have each have 4 stacking mesh racks and a blower that blows air across all of them - great invention. I have actually used them once for drying sweaters. So first thing on the agenda today (after yoga class) is braiding all that roving, weighing it and tagging it for sale.