Monday, March 30, 2009

Handspun from a new spinner!



Once again I'm posting handspun that I haven't spun myself but it's so inspiring. Kat is a brand new spinner....she just learned how to spin on a drop spindle and then graduated to a wheel just a couple weeks ago - this is her first handspun on her brand new Lendrum wheel!!! Her handspun is from the superwash merino roving I dyed recently. As she was spinning she found a magazine cover that matched the roving perfectly so I wanted to share that too. I'm always looking for inspiration for colorways, I've used photos in the past for weaving inspiration but never for dyeing.........she's planted a seed......I'll be saving even more pictures out of magazines for my next dye day inspiration. Be sure to check out Kat's blog!

4 comments:

  1. It's always so much fun to see what someone else has accomplished using something you worked on in some way. Looks like she did a great job on the spinning!

    That photo really does match the roving amazingly well. How neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job spinning and the colorway is beautiful.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very nice and what a great idea for inspiration.
    Love the greens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Kat is just remembering what she already knew.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!