Friday, March 6, 2009

Behind once again.............

Many days have passed since my last post - I have been busy, too busy to dump the pictures off the camera to show some of what I've been up to. We (a weaver friend/fellow guild member) have been working on the finishing touches for a guild program we'll be giving next Tuesday on the newer hi-tech fibers available to spinners and weavers. It's going to be a great program...........well at least in our eyes. I have been spinning and knitting in the evenings, twisting fringes on handwoven scarves and beading some of them. I'm going to post some pictures of scarves I wear all the time that I hemmed and beaded. Then another scarf with a fancy beaded fringe that sold a couple years ago. And then the beading I've just finished - I saw a new technique of beading the fringe by Susan of Thrums and decided to try it out - I like the result and it's something I don't have to decide ahead of time as I'm weaving - I can twist the fringe and then decide if it beads would enhance the scarf.

Here's what I'm spinning right now. I decided since it had been raining hard the beginning of the week I wanted something that looked like spring - wow is it ever colorful!
It seems that I can never figure out how to post several items in the order I'd like so this will probably be at the bottom of today's posting - oh well...........