Thursday, August 9, 2012

More beachy towels in the works

This 12 yard towel warp seemed like it took forever to get on the loom.....maybe it's because I've been awake since 4:30am, been working in slow motion. This is a turned point twill from the Strickler 8 Harness book. Once again - beach colors. The last towel warp I took 2 towels for the beach cottage kitchen, the rest are for sale or already sold. This warp I'll keep a couple towels for the beach cottage guest bath - I wanted some coral and sand colors in this one.

It's a good feeling to have both floor looms warped up ready to weave on. Now if I could just force myself to weave off the tencel shadow weave scarf on the table loom that's leftover from the shadow weave workshop I attended in the spring......slow weaving on a table loom.....but having it sit in the middle of the floor in the studio is not an option much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!