Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kumihimo Fun

Yesterday we took a drive to the coast (90 miles south of new place) so I could teach the Webfoot Weavers in Brookings the art of kumihimo (Sam and cousin Jim golfed while I taught). We started with working on a sample with some thick cotton yarns. Then after an incredibly yummy potluck luncheon they provided I got them started on braiding a keyring using 4 strands of 5/2 perle cotton as one. My example to the right is just one of the many braid combinations they could have tried. I'm hoping they thought it was worthwhile bringing me over. I had fun with the group, what great camaraderie between the members.

I'm hoping to get some dyeing in this week, forecast I saw 2 days ago showed many days in the 80 degree range - perfect! This morning I heard 90's - sure hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!