Sunday, October 21, 2018

Pottery storage

At our last house we had an alcove with built in shelving for pottery storage - since moving pottery has been sitting in boxes where I needed a piece of furniture for it. Finally we found one and I love it. I love the color, I love the wire instead of glass in the doors and I love that I can now use my pottery again. Everything fit except for a few pieces and they're ones I never use anyhow that should really find new homes. I'm so excited that we now have our soup and stew bowls unpacked and a couple of my favorite mugs. And in the stacks of wall art propped up against the walls was this framed fruit label - it was as if we bought them to go together, the teapots too. It's the only piece up on the walls so far in this house and we've been here for 4 months.........I think I'm going to have to step it up and start hanging some art.

Bailey insisted I take his photo too - boy, look how white that face has gotten!





2 comments:

  1. I love that cabinet, too. Where did you find it? Is it new? Vintage? And you're right, the fruit label and teapots go with it beautifully.

    Dogs - we love them to pieces, and they return the favor, for all too few years. They age so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not I got it at Fred Meyer which is more than just a grocery store - it's an everything store (Kroger). I was looking for vintage/used. I would have never thought to get a piece of furniture there but I saw it in their weekly ad and went to look at it. Now I want to go back and see if they had anything else interesting in this color.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!