Thursday, October 4, 2018

More towels

 Been weaving away on the towel warp during snippets of free time - here a tan weft......


 .....here a teal weft......


here a peach weft......two of each color.....will have 2 more to weave on this warp, haven't decided on color yet.

I'm thrilled that I can weave and I also successfully spun on Tuesday with no issues.  I don't think I mentioned here I was having an issue with my hand/thumb area on my right hand. The pain was a turn my stomach pain, it was hard to do even the simplest things, I iced it on and off, I wore a brace most of the day and always while I slept, am still wearing it while sleeping. I'm sure it was from overuse when I was spinning at the fair all day long for days in mid-August, I had also been spinning every evening for a couple weeks before the fair. I was able to sew first but only because I used a rotary cutter, I could not work scissors. I still haven't tried knitting, not going to push it as that can bother my hands on a good day. I'm still babying it, not doing one activity for very long as not to inflame it again, it's still a bit sore but not bad. So, I am far behind on holiday gifts, this may be the holiday season of no handmade gifts from me.


2 comments:

  1. Love the towels! So sorry about your hand/thumb pain, and hope it continues to feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo....that hand doesn't sound like any fun. Fortunately weaving is mostly a gross motor activity, not fine motor.

    Surprised that I like the tan and peach wefts better than the blue; not my usual choices.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!