Sunday, September 30, 2018

Weaving, rain and rainbows..........

 I can't believe I'm actually weaving again...in-between working outside in the yard trimming up bushes and trees. This twill pattern was requested by an etsy customer in black and white - she saw it in another color in my shop, only it had long been sold out. Will she actually buy them when I'm done, who knows, someone will if she doesn't.


Here's the towel in red. I like to weave at least 2 of each color. Am thinking green is up next, must have holidays on the brain. Speaking of holidays now that we're in a neighborhood and there are kids there will be trick or treating - not Sam's favorite thing but I love to see the kids dressed up, not to mention an excuse to buy lots of candy. Numerous houses are already decorated for Halloween - can't go there but I do have a big pot of mums on the porch and will add some pumpkins when I get to the store.
 
 We bought a couple trees for the front yard recently and got them planted. Here's my ginkgo tree - I've always wanted one as ginkgo leaves are my favorite leaves.  See all that gravel?  Not sure why whoever built this house felt compeled to put such a large area of gravel along a portion of the front yard. It is going but not until next spring. We'll be putting more bushes in and somehow getting the gravel out and replacing it with mulch.


 And here's my new fig tree, came complete with figs, two ready to eat........which I did. Behind the fig is the fence to the backyard - those are the white grapes gone wild coming over to the front side yard of the fence.


 As if right on cue it rained yesterday evening and during the night - I love it. I always predict the first rain to be the last day of September or first day of October - I was close. This does not signal an end to fire season, we need a lot more rain and snow in the mountains to do that but it's a step in the right direction. We had a record 110 or 111 days without rain this year (not sure which) - a record, not a good record to be setting in a fire prone area.


And here's the rainbow I saw out off the back porch (pictured above) - fitting to celebrate rainfall.


3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see you weaving again. That warms my heart more than I can say. Love the trees and yeah for rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gravel yard? Not so much. Rainbow? Beautiful. So is your weaving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the front yard does have grass - around 2/3, other 1/3 is that ugly gravel. It will go.......next spring, just don't have the time or energy to deal with it this fall. Eventually this new house will start shaping up - unfortunately jobs like the gravel removal are very labor intensive.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!