Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Well shoot.........

Well shoot..........this afternoon I got this warp on the loom for 8 table runners, I'll be weaving two of each colorway. Do you see what I did?  The first row of the flower stems at the bottom of the border motif has some little dots of green where they shouldn't be - argh.  A mistake in tie-up for that treadle. I didn't notice it while weaving, just saw it looking at this photo on the monitor so quickly ran downstairs to the studio to check it out - yep, it's wrong. This is all I got woven so not a big a deal - tomorrow I'll be unweaving this few inches and starting the tulips over.

I wove these table runners back in 2003 and they sold very quickly. I don't know if that will happen again but I'm willing to see if anyone is interested this time around. There will be coral tulips (above), yellow, lavender and pink. It's hard to see but I am using a very pale peach for the weft on the white warp.

This is all a part of me trying to think ahead this year with seasonal/holiday weaving - I'm thinking spring/Easter right now.



1 comment:

I love your comments - thank you!