Monday, October 22, 2012

Food, sand, shells, etc......

No pictures to share from the weekend on the coast - just forgot to take any. Weather forecast was for rain the entire time, it turned out beautiful, sunny, blue sky on Saturday, only rained at o'dark thirty Sunday morning, then a mix of sun & clouds Sunday.

It was shellapolooza - pockets full of shells. Yes, we're still filling antique blue glass Ball jars with shells.

I went to the spinning group in Bandon at The Wool Co Saturday afternoon, I didn't bring my wheel, brought a drop spindle that lives in the cottage with me, nice group of spinners.....

Highlight of the weekend was dinner at The Loft, it's one place in town we kept meaning to try but never have for one reason or another. It was outstanding.....25 year old young gal as chef, organic local foods, imaginative menu. Each bite of my salad I had to hum...yum - beets on mixed salad greens with grilled brie, pistachios and a beet vinaigrette. Dinner was roasted butterfish marinated in ginger & garlic served atop spinach and rice noodle salad in a porcini mushroom sauce. I've never had butterfish before, it's a cod that lives very deep in the ocean and is an oily fish.....not usually my choice for fish but I'm so glad I chose it, outstanding! Our server Roxie was wonderful, she also sells her son's catch of tuna at the grower's market. We were just sorry we hadn't left room for dessert - next time we will.....and there will be many next times.

So nothing much happened fiber wise over the weekend other than spinning for a couple hours. Today I'll be cutting the chenille scarves off the loom to wash and put together more felting kits for sale, I've also got some gifts to work on not to mention getting back to the WeavePoint software.  I got news that my scarves & shawls were accepted into the Rogue Gallery again for the Holiday Boutique which starts Nov 16th thru Dec 22nd - need to pull together what I'll be dropping off there next week. Have more scarves to get listed in the esty shop.  Hmm, guess I better get moving....lots to do today......

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful weekend! That restaurant sounds delicious! Congrats on the good news about your scarves being in a gallery again for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!