Monday, October 15, 2012

Brain strain......


Major brain strain here but it's a good thing. I just finished up day two of a three day workshop on the WeavePoint software I use with my AVL loom. We brought Jannie Taylor here for the workshop, there are only four of us in it - it's great to have a small class. I may have gotten more lost this afternoon than I did if it were a big class. Jannie was great going over that one section again, I think I've got it now.

I've been flying by the seat of my pants with this software since getting the loom up and running last January, I can do enough to get by and have been learning as I go but I didn't know what all the tools did and didn't know how to do any real designing. The manual is just so-so - we've gotten a great class notebook from Jannie. I can't believe how much I've learned in two days and that's been on very little sleep. Tomorrow we concentrate more on designing - it's the hardest of the three days - yikes - guess I better sleep well tonight.

I can't wait to start designing my own drafts to weave - this is going to be fun. Guess I need to get more organized with all this administrivia so I have more time to do what I love most - weaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!