Saturday, September 17, 2011

drumroll......the envelope please......

Here's what was in the mystery envelope from earlier this week.....fingerless mitts for Theresa. Back in the spring when Theresa went back east to visit her folks she asked what I'd like - I said bring me a lobster, obviously a joke. Well, she brought me some beautiful hand-dyed yarn from Lobster Pot Yarns - colorway name Lobster Bisque. I made a beautiful shawlette, The Traveling Woman Shawlette, which I showed finished and blocked in my post of August 31st. I had some 'leftovers in the pot' so I made Theresa a pair of fingerless mitts.

Off to the dye stock and steamers, more Falkland to dye today.....then only 4 more days of roving dyeing before the rains and much cooler weather hits......but the heat is coming back mid-week so those days may have to wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!