Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In the pink.....

In the pink today......weaving pink, that is. This is not the best picture of the warp I put on the loom this morning but it was one that the pink sparkle showed a bit in. Hopefully I'll get this warp woven and off the loom this afternoon. I'm working on my guild challenge that's due at the June meeting. We're to weave fabric and cut into it.....see, a lot of weavers, in my guild at least, are afraid to cut into their handwoven fabric so it's a challenge for us all. In addition to cutting into the fabric an idea was suggested to construct bras, wild & crazy bras that could be used as an exhibit during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October) at a local hospital, cancer center or such. I'm not sure how many will actually do this since that idea has been downplayed as some members aren't excited over it. Maybe my challenge will be the only one! But I hope not. So, I am weaving pink, very pink, rayon/cotton fabric with pink sparkles to construct my bra.....and it's going to be blingy, very blingy once embellished. Sure hope it's not terribly hard to construct a bra.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!