Friday, July 17, 2009

Finally, plying bobbin filled..........

Here's a picture of what I recently plied from the Butternut Woolens hand-painted merino/silk roving (original post June 16th). I really like it. I'm thinking it would be beautiful for a handwoven shawl to wear with jeans. Of course I still have another 12 ounces to finish up spinning and plying first!

Last night I spun a little sample of the Falkland wool in ecru that I was dyeing on Monday and Tuesday - it's my first time spinning Falkland, thought it might be good to be able to be knowledgeable about it since I'll be selling it. Oh my, it was so much fun to spin, it practically spun itself. It's soft and cushy once spun. It's going to be my new favorite fiber to spin.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I can see it with blue jeans too, although I might be tempted to weave plain yardage and do a vest assuming there was enough.
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!