Friday, January 9, 2009

Back in my comfort zone...........


Well I'm back in my comfort zone weaving with a bit finer threads. That jadeite and seacell just aren't my cup of tea although I have found some more seacell (it's on order) that should be much finer - one combined with superwash merino, the other with silk. Maybe I'll love weaving with those fibers, might handpaint the merino blend. So what I'm weaving on today is a hand-dyed (warp painted) warp of 8/2 tencel - enough for 2 scarves. I dyed it several months ago along with many other warps of various fibers - love looking through the basket and picking one to weave during winter months. This one is dyed in shades of teals, blues and golden browns. I'm using 8/2 tencel for the weft too - one scarf I'm using a dark teal, the other scarf a navy........both are beautiful. This is an 8 harness plaited twill weave structure. A box arrived from Silk City Fibers this afternoon with more bamboo - hmm, why did I need yet more bamboo??? Oh, that's right, didn't have the exact colors of blue or red that I want for two different projects (ha!). But where will I find room on the shelves for it. One of these days I'll take pictures of my fiber stash and post them.