Monday, January 22, 2024

Overshot......


Take two on my lost Friday.  Saturday I spent a good part of the day winding this warp of 20/2 perle cotton in navy to replace the black warp that kept breaking.  It's hard to see but the 10/2 perle cotton pattern weft is a brilliant lime green, no sun today so I couldn't get the color right.  Once this is off the loom and washed the design will be square.  Hoping to finish weaving today.........

(in case anyone is interested this pattern is Queen's Delight out of the monograph - Miniature Patterns for Handweaving by Josephine Estes)


1 comment:

  1. Interestingly, I have been having trouble with black cotton too. The 2/8 cotton from Brassard et fils is wonderful, but black cotton that I've ordered from other sources has had a tendency to shred and just generally be weak. I think it is the amount of dye needed to get true black. I love the pattern you chose and it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!