Friday, July 29, 2022

turn your head.........

Going to have to turn your head to see these towels.  Have never figured out how this happens when I use my phone for photos - I even took the photo twice holding the phone different for each picture and both turned sideways.  

Anyhow, so I have done a little weaving, not much but a little - 10 towels on this warp.  I do have 2 more projects in the planning stages to get on the loom.  I went shopping in my own cupboard in the sewing room to find several small cross stitch kits - been stitching on those in the evenings while we watch tv - they will be small holiday gifts. 

I've cut out squares to make a toddlers blanket out of recycled blue jeans with different sheep fabrics on the back side.  I need to google how to make it - it will have raw edges and will get washed so they fray. I have plenty of jeans but not sure if I'll make more than one of these..........

Hoping others are keeping cool enough in this heat spell. We were already in the process of getting bids on a new HVAC system when our AC went out yesterday.  It's limping along today with the outside unit being continually misted to keep it cool, not sure how long it will last, if it will even last the day. (hmm, wonder what our water bill will be) I think it was 111 yesterday, today the forecast is for 113. Dry thunderstorms are in the forecast for the next several days - not a good combination with how dry the vegetation is and this heat - additional fire strike forces are now in the area in prep for a possible big fire. We have had numerous small fires in the region, all human caused, morons......

I know I haven't been posting much at all for a long time, I guess I just don't have much to show or share.......not sure when that will change but I'll post when I've got something. 



 

2 comments:

  1. I think of you every time I spy my "inkle" looking at me from the glass-fronted cabinet, Cindie. I, too, am in a high fire area (Columbia, CA), experiencing very hot & dry. It's really too hot to contemplate even going outside, let alone doing anything to the garden, etc., so I'm inside weaving on 3 looms, writing up a guild newsletter, looking ahead to a guild boutique... That's what keeps my spirits up, altho it's hard going. Do you get to your beach house much these days? Your towels are lovely--that pattern is "on my list"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are staying safe from fires and staying inside out of the heat. I had to go look at a map to see where Columbia is. We do get to the beach house but not as often pr for as long as we'd like, seems like too much always happening at home. It's a great escape from the heat and I always wonder why we're not moving over there.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!