Monday, June 27, 2022

Struggling........

I'm really struggling with coming up with posts for my blog. I'm still not very productive and I'm still not really motivated to do much which includes taking photos. I decided since I had taken these photos that I should force myself to post.

I am weaving a bit again.  It's really hard when going from weaving to sell to just weaving for myself or gifts or to learn something new..........just not as much drive.  I saw this draft over on Susan's blog recently - she wove scarves using it. I thought it might make a nice table runner for our dining room. I like it just fine.  I wove 2 others using different weft colors to use as gifts. 

I just took this warp off the loom and washed it. This undulating twill was being woven by many weavers a couple years ago. I wove it using 10/2 perle cotton to use as the fabric for our holiday cards this year.  I like it so much I may have to weave myself some towels.  Of course I have very little white and red 8/2 unmerc. cotton in my stash which covers 2 walls in the studio from floor to ceiling so I'm going to have to place an order. I suppose that means I'll order some other colors I'm low on at the same time. In the meantime I'm winding a warp for some turned twill towels. Hopefully before fall I'll have a number of warps woven for gift giving. 

On another note I've been so depressed since hearing the official Supreme Court ruling although I could see it coming. I know abortion is a heated topic and I respect other's views but that doesn't mean I think it's right to take away a woman's rights - yes, I am pro-choice and always will be. I will hope that Oregon will be a refuge for those seeking abortions and nothing changes that. How horrible to be setting back a woman's right to choose 50 years. What will come next because something isn't directly addressed in the constitution???  Nasty comments on this subject will not be posted, I will trash them. Respectful comments are welcome.  And that's all I'm going to say on the subject even though it will be on my mind every single day. 


5 comments:

  1. I'm depressed too...seems like we're heading backward in time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth - heading backwards........

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you're not finding much joy lately. I hope that changes for you. I, too, am changing from weaving for sale to weaving for...learning, pleasure, garments, etc. For me, weaving for giving to others, not just family & friends, is bringing me happiness. And taking some action, however small, in making changes in this totally crazy country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Peg. I know things will get better, they are much better than they were last year with family stuff I was dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am slowing down on the weaving front too. It seems that this year has sapped the joy right out of things, really just a litany of loss. Hopefully, things will turn around in the US and the regressive policy makers will fade away.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!