Thursday, June 16, 2022

This and that.......

Yes, I rarely post anymore, I just don't feel like I have much share and just don't have much motivation these days to even take the photos. But here are a couple things I've been working on. 

Susan from the blog Thrums posted this draft. She wasn't sure where she got it from, maybe handweaving.net. I thought I'd weave a table runner project using it. This is the gray, working on a pale sage green now and will do a blue one. I'm using 5/2 perle cotton. I originally thought if I liked it I would put on a towel warp using this same draft but I'm not enjoying weaving it that much so I'll pass on towels. I do want to get a towel warp on soon, also a warp for our holiday cards which I've now picked a draft for.

I did some sewing - 17 tote bags for the Head Start kids. Our neighborhood group of the American Sewing Guild does quite a bit of charity sewing.  This is one of the groups we sew for.  We fill these with fun stuff we buy from grant money and deliver them at the holidays. 

Other than this not much to share, just can't think of much to say...............


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne. They're fun to sew, and fun to find fun kids fabrics to use along with the denim.

      Delete
  2. Interesting that you don't enjoy the weaving of that particular draft. I had shaft envy when Susan posted and spent some hours at the computer trying to create something similar on 8 shafts, but didn't come up with anything I liked. I hope you find more joy in your life soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peg, not positive but think it's because I can't really get a rhythm with the treadles on that draft.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!