Sunday, December 19, 2021

3 posts in 6 days

 Oh my gosh - 3 posts in 6 days. This is unheard of in my life this past year. I'm trying very hard to get my life as close to normal as it can possibly be. 

Here is the quilt I started working on the other day. The center square is a printed panel, the rest is pieced. It's 30" x 40". It's really not wonky shaped, that was the way I hung it on the pretend design board and the angle I was at taking the photo.  I've found some fun sheep fabric in my stash to use for the backing, it's all ready to go as is the batting. I don't like doing the actual quilting but for something this size that may hang on my studio wall or be gifted as a baby quilt (if I ever know anyone having a baby) I can manage to do simple quilting on my machine. 

I've now pulled out another wallhanging quilt with seashells that I think I bought 9 or 10 years ago. I may start that after I get this one quilted..........or who knows, maybe I'll get inspired to weave first. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. I finished up gifts a bit ago but now I need to go deliver them all.  It was so much easier when I was seeing friends at guild meetings and my spinning group but I'm still not attending either in my effort to stay safe. 




2 comments:

  1. That sheep quilt is just adorable! My mom and my sister both used to hand quilt. Sometimes they hand pieced, sometimes machine pieced, but always hand quilted. Wow, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt in progress! So glad to see you are spinning again as well. I hope you have a wonderful 2022!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!