Sunday, December 11, 2016

Cross-stitching.........

I'm not quite sure when I started this cross-stitch for the beach cottage, maybe 2 years ago, maybe a bit longer. Yesterday evening I pulled it out and started to stitch on it again. I think I remember why I must have set it aside, I'm to the point of stitching the scallop shells which are almost the same color as the linen fabric.......tough on the eyes, even with an OTT light.......and I can't seem to find my magnifier that hangs around my neck anywhere.......

In the same tote bag were two other simple small ocean related cross-stitch patterns along with fabric and floss so once I finish this one I might as well move on to those.....then I'll have 3 to frame at the same time.

It's fun to get away from always creating to sell or dealing with roving to sell and do something relaxing and fun like this.........well, it would be more relaxing if it were easier to see.......2 scallop shells down, 4 more to go, then the outlining which will be a snap. There are little scallop shell pewter charms to add on top of each stitched scallop shell. I did a tea cross-stitch like this, I have the matching frame, I just need to get around to blocking, stretching and framing it........hmm, maybe need to pull that out too........maybe 2017 can be the year of finishing up many UFO's.

Now back to sitting in front of the fire to stitch..........


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!