Sunday, December 25, 2016

12 Days of Christmas

Today is day 1 of the Inglenook Fibers 12 days of Christmas spin-a-long. I did great ignoring the box of 12 bags of fiber inspired by the Snow Maiden since it arrived in the mail. Here's a link to the day it arrived so you can see what I've been tempted by for the past couple of weeks.
This afternoon I spun up the first 1/2 oz of fiber. I'm spinning on my Hansen mini-spinner.....hmm, looks like it could use some dusting........ I could easily just keep on ripping those little bags open and spin them but I'll try to have strength and wait until tomorrow to spin day 2's bag and so on for these 12 days. It will be fun to see the color blending each day. I'm thinking I'll ply it with either some very fine commercial silk or perhaps rayon, maybe a solid color, maybe a variegated color.......will decide once I've spun it all up and have seen all the colors in it.



1 comment:

  1. Oooooo! Not being a spinner I'm looking forward to watching the beauties you create.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!