Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Back to weaving.......

It's good to be back at the loom. I hate to complain about selling so much roving as it's great income but my weaving time has been suffering the past few years, this year much more. I desperately need to weave scarves - I've sold so many the past 4-5 months and haven't replenished a single one. This is a start.........I got this warp on the loom this afternoon and the first scarf woven.

This was one of the painted silk warps I dyed a few months ago. Unfortunately I don't have many colors of silk to choose from for the weft so I'm using a tencel weft, many more color choices in my tencel stash. This is the first scarf using a fuchsia weft, 2nd and 3rd will have different weft colors so each scarf is a bit different.

I think this scarf makes a lovely Valentine's Day scarf.........yes, I'm trying to think ahead although I'm probably already late for that upcoming holiday...........



1 comment:

  1. Smashing colors! Love the twill draft. I don't think you are too late for Valentine's Day - in fact I think you hit the nail on the head. Lovely scarf!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!