Friday, August 22, 2014

Handspun

I got the yarn I was spinning at the fair plyed, blocked, ready to use.  On the top is the cashmere/silk blend.....I didn't have much of this roving but I still got 223 yards out of it, not sure what it will grow up to be.  On the bottom is the superfine merino that my friend Kathy G had done the dyeing on when she came over to help me on a dye day. I love it. I got 483 yards in a fingering weight size.  This colorway is sold out in my etsy shop as of this week, not to be repeated but maybe I can get close to it on a future dye day.

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors in the merino. Looks like a nice mini shawl for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both beautiful!! Did you end up plying the cashmere/silk on itself, or did you use something else to ply with it??

    Hugs,
    Boom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up plying it on itself. I wasted some trying other fibers like silk, tencel and rayon, just didn't like they way they looked so ended up plying it on itself.

      Delete
  3. Both are lovely. I know how I'd use the top skein but I have no idea how to use the bottom. I hope you'll post what it becomes.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!