Sunday, February 9, 2014

On the wheel

This is what I started spinning last week at our twice a month spinning get together.  It's from my stash - probably from 15 years ago. I can remember carding it and adding some silk noil but I have no clue what the fiber is - it feels almost like mohair but I can't be positive at this point.  I'm determined to spin from my stash even though there are hundreds of pounds of Ashland Bay Fibers sitting in bins downstairs calling my name, not to mention my hand-dyed fibers - all are for sale in my etsy shop. I have my eye on several Ashland Bay colorways but I'll keep at whittling down the stash for a bit before I grab some.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's beautiful. I know a lot of us are trying to spin from our stash, but most of us don't have access to the stash or temptation you do. Such a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I need to get some spinning done one of these days! Life is so busy!

    Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog and for the comment. You asked about my dress form and I don't think you have an email attached to your comments. So, I figured I'd answer here. Yes, I did recover mine. Here's a link to that blog post.... http://www.acorntooak.blogspot.com/2013/09/dress-form-makeover.html :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!