Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's been a great 10 days......

It's been a great 10 days on the coast, Bandon by the Sea, Oregon. We hate to head home but must and will be there a couple hours from now. The beach cottage is coming along, some furniture painted this week but mostly time spent relaxing taking walks on the beach and into Old Town, reading, sitting on the deck enjoying the sounds of the coast....the surf hitting the beach & rocks, fog horns, gulls overhead and the soft sound of the Catholic church bells playing a tune at different times of the day. We've been picking up tiny little cockle shells on our walks, not many to be had but they're starting to fill this glass teacup.

2 comments:

  1. I always hated coming home after a vacation at the VT house. I know how you feel. Hard to believe you took 10 days of down time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I didn't realize that you have your own cottage to return to. I do love being there. After several days at my SIL's in Oceanside, I fully appreciate the wear and tear that is involved. It made me appreciate my mountain home, but of course, the winds are trying to blow us off the map.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!