Wednesday, July 20, 2011

fiber follies.......

This is what I started spinning yesterday, some Polwarth I had dyed last year and set aside for myself. I've almost got half of it spun up. The second half I'll add some glitz, then when I ply the two I'll add a bunch of 'stuff' to make some art yarn. Don't ask me what I'll do with it but I'm going to have fun making it.
This is today's dyeing - 10+ pounds of Panda which is a blend of superwash merino/bamboo/nylon. It's lovely fiber to spin. I can't wait to spin samples of these to see how they spin up.


And these are small handspun samples of the merino/tussah I dyed last week. The pictures don't do them justice, they're really beautiful. My plan worked - dyed the roving many colors but when spun up it looks like beautiful tonal colorways - no striping in this roving. That's my hope for the roving above too - won't know until it dries and I can spin some samples.

I especially like the top two handspun samples, am considering keeping some of those for my own use.

3 comments:

  1. One up from the bottom ... soft green with some pink and lavender ... looks just like a field of wildflowers in the spring.

    LOVE that one!!! I hope someone buys it soon, because I don't know how much longer I can resist ...

    Hugs,
    Boom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me how something kind of blotchy looking ends up being so beautiful when spun. The colors are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the finished yarn when you are finished spinning - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!