Thursday, October 14, 2010

Autumn adventure..........

Tuesday my friend Yvonne and I went on an autumn adventure. We started out the day heading to the Butte Creek Mill to explore and shop a bit for staples like flours, oatmeal, etc. Colors of autumn found there.


Next it was on to Union Creek for lunch and hiking along the Rogue River at the Rogue River Gorge and Natural Bridge. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of our luncheon spot, Beckie's Cafe who is known for the great pies. We both had burgers, fries and pie, me oh my! Bad year for huckleberries so I had blueberry - yum!


Yvonne taught me the names of many plants I didn't know. Below is hemlock, I was especially taken with it because of the tiny little pinecones, probably 1/2" to 3/4" in length.
What a fun day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! Nice to get out after a day of dyeing and prunie fingers. Beautiful area and the pie...well sounds like a perfect lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh funny...I didn't read your blog until now....good thing...my facebook says almost the same thing about Butte Creek Mill....Hemlock huh???? what else?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!