Saturday, December 19, 2020

Life sucks at times.......

Life is uncertain right now, things change hour by hour. These days my life is centered around talking with nurses, doctors, social workers, case workers, palliative care teams, etc concerning a younger relative who is gravely ill. Tough times for my relative, us, and for the rest of the family out of the area who I'm drawing on for strength and support. 
 
I haven't been able to do much for myself but when I have a little block of time I've gotten back to the towel warp.  The first towels in my last post I used a teal as weft which I loved, here I'm using a rose color as weft. Only 2 towels left to go on the warp at this point. 

Here I've used a lavender weft - I love it. Eventually these towels will end up in my etsy shop but with life the way it is right now I have no clue when I'll get the final 2 towels woven, then all washed, all hemmed and photography done.....just can't worry about it at the moment, taking it one day at a time, when it happens it happens. 

Here are our holiday cards for this year. I chose a quilt theme rather than weaving this year - these are my wonky stars. And I decided I didn't need to use traditional christmas color either so they are all over the place. I like how they turned out. I am so glad I worked on these during the summer so they were ready to go. I also had 9 wonky stars made up in seaglass blue and 9 in apricot/peaches. I was on a roll when sewing so had way more than I needed.  The seaglass and the apricot will end up being miniature wall hangings at some point, maybe I'll hand quilt them.........that small size is about my limit for handquilting........


4 comments:

  1. Sending you and yours happy, healthy thoughts, especially your young relative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, your towels are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of thoughts for recovery to your family, a nice cup of tea or glass of wine along with a good hot soak to you.
    Like both the towels and the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your young relative. Hope things go better for next year. Be sure to take care of yourself so you have the energy and strength to support others.

    The towels are beautiful, and I love your cards. By the way, I have found patchwork and quilting to be soothing this year, rather than as much spinning and weaving. Thank you so much for sharing about Jordan Fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!