Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Handspun


 I have been away from the spinning wheel for a long time, over a year.  I was missing it so this last week I plied what had been on bobbins sitting all this time.  The first is this Ashland Bay merino in the Rose Quartz colorway. I've got 3 big skeins in a worsted weight so am thinking a hat, cowl and fingerless mitts for a gift.  I've also plied some merino/bamboo/nylon but it's not been washed yet - picture to come once I do that. Now I feel like I can start spinning something that's been waiting in the wings, something fun, something colorful........I've short listed choices, just need to decide on which but first I'll knit this up. 



1 comment:

  1. I have been away from spinning for at least a year. I used to spin every morning and I have no idea when or why I stopped. I’ve been getting interested in fiber prep and hope that’s a good sign :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!