Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Before and after......

 I've finished the quilt top for the barn quilt wallhanging. It's now set aside until Jordan's opens so I can take it in for long arm quilting. I imagine they will be backlogged very quickly once open, lots of quilts being made while sheltering at home. I like the way this turned out but it was a challenge - my points are not perfect and there are many places they're even cut off. It won't be entered in any competition, just hung on the wall opposite the dining room and I'll love it whether it's perfect or not.

 We had The Grounds Guys come do a huge landscaping job for us - they were great. I couldn't find a before picture from when we bought this place a little less than 2 years ago but all the mulch area was ugly gravel. 

 Now look at it with five 800 pound boulders, over 50 new bushes/plants plus some trees we planted last year.

 They ran completely a completely new drip system connected to our automatic sprinkers.

 It's going to take a while for these plants to start growing but it's going to look nice. I'll be planting tulip and daffodil bulbs this fall - can't wait.

We switched up our shelter in place location last weekend for the one on the coast, we hadn't been over in 5 weeks and the grass was a foot tall. Misty knows now to relax over there...….


3 comments:

  1. Love the quilt top! It must be nice to have progress on your yard. And of course it's great to see Misty show me how to relax....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new front yard is amazing! And it will be a real stunner once your plants come in. A major improvement to your curb appeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Every time I drove up to the house or walked back I cringed when I looked at all that rock - so glad it's gone!

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!