Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Inglenook Fibers almost finished......

Here is my Inglenook Fibers 12 Days of Christmas fiber all spun up. I plyed it with solid colors from my stash. I wish it could have all fit on one of my big Hansen bobbins but it didn't so two skeins it is. You can see where the gold picks up on the upper skein from the first skein on the bottom. I don't know what the yardage is yet, will figure that out after I block it.  I say it's almost finished because it won't be finished until I come up with a project and knit, crochet or weave it. I'm pleased with my decision to spin solid colors to ply it with. Interesting color progression from spinning one packet after another.......don't know if I like it or not, only time will tell...........





3 comments:

  1. I think it looks beautiful in the skeins! Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what blocking is with knitting, but I’m not a spinner, so what is it in that world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blocking handspun yarn is setting the twist in the yarn. It can be steaming it or soaking it - I choose soaking since it gets out any dirt that may be in the fibers. Then it can be wound onto a blocker (extra work in my mind) or laid out on a towel to dry or hung with a bit of weight on the bottom or in my case I built a skein blocker from pvc pipe (instructions from a very old Spin-Off magazine). I just slide my skeins onto it - one pipe at the top, another at the bottom, they just hold it taut but not tight. In the summer it dries quickly outside, this time of year I need to find a place in this new house to do it as the yarn sometimes drips.....will figure that out sometime this next week.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!