Monday, January 14, 2019

A bit of fibery fun.....

Got started weaving on the towel warp - only two towels woven though as we had to take advantage of beautiful afternoon weather to prune the small area of grapevines we have. Perfect cheery colors for winter weaving.


Day started out below freezing with freezing fog but by early afternoon it was warm and sunny, warm enough for no jackets. Grapevines hadn't been pruned in who knows how many years.....one of them supported with posts and wire as it should have been....the other had grown into the deck railing and fencing, never had any kind of traditional vine supports. We fixed that putting in posts and wires and after trimming winding remaining vines on the new wire - hopefully it will do well. Fruit tree trimming will be coming up soon, most probably next month. That will be another huge job as those 2 apple & 2 plum trees probably haven't been pruned in many years. Already seeing new buds on the rose bushes and trees - it's only January!


I finished plying the lime/purple spinning. I haven't blocked the skein yet, nor measured how many yards I've got yet. Not sure what it will grow up to be, will go on the shelf until an idea pops into my mind.



3 comments:

  1. I love the towels, too. Will you use different colored wefts for each?

    Humorously, after reading about your pruning, the skein immediately looked like a caterpillar to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about different colored wefts but changed my mind.....until I ran out of the deep almost black purple, which I knew was going to happen - finishing the rest of the towels with black.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!