Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Blending board fun

This afternoon instead of doing things I should be doing I decided to play with my blending board. I'm going to stop beating myself up for not focusing on my business all the time, it's the time to do more playing with less guilt involved.


I pulled out a bit of roving bits & bobs and separated them into color family piles


I put together an autumn color scheme including some bamboo, glitz and silk sari bits


Then I put together the blues, greens and purples along with bamboo and glitz


I decided to play with the blues, greens and purples randomly putting them on the board and then pulling off the rolags for future spinning


And this is as far as I got - there are 9 piles of rolags - 4 rolags in each pile/color order. This is approximately 1/2 pound. I still have a huge pile of roving on the floor waiting to be finished up which will probably make around 1 pound total of this colorway. Can't wait to start spinning it.

Pulling the rolags off did 'smart' my right thumb to my wrist. Recently I had to lay off knitting for a few weeks to let it recover but this has made it flare up again.  I've got to be more wary of repetitive tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!