Thursday, March 26, 2015

Another casting call........

 Another casting call for weft auditions, this time on the rayon warp on the AVL. Still thinking on which 3 I want to use for the 3 scarves but am leaning toward the taupe, the goldy yellow and the buttercream yellow.

 I got back to working on a tote bag - isn't it cute?  A couple weeks ago I met Theresa over in Ashland for a day of walking through shops and lunch. We went to 'her' fabric store, Fabric of Vision, and I was looking at the tote bag kits. Well, there were only a few left and I wasn't thrilled with the fabric but then I saw this fabric - I had to buy it and I was given the pattern to go with it. I got most of it sewn on Sunday but didn't like the black webbing I had for the straps that I found in my stash, it was too black so I waited until I could get to JoAnn's yesterday to pick up an oatmeal colored webbing - I love it.

Here's the inside lining. On the outside there are 3 pockets on the front and on the back. I'm going to make myself a few more of these to use for shopping bags but first is another tote bag pattern that I got as a gift - hoping to get to it soon.

4 comments:

  1. What a darling bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome bag!! I was just thinking it would be fun to sew one. Hmm, I'll have to see if I can find a bag kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to check with Sandy of Fabric of Vision for one.
      http://www.fabricofvision.com/

      Delete
  3. I love that tote. It almost makes me want to pull out the sewing machine - much nicer than the ugly grocery bags I use from Trader Joe.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!