Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pumpkin - YUM

I love pumpkin! Pumpkin in any form - baked, roasted, soup, cakes, pies, Trader Joe's pancake mix, DQ Blizzards, milkshakes, smoothies, lattes......hmm, what did I miss? Whatever it is I know I love it. Unfortunately I will not be eating a piece of this pumpkin struesel cake unless I want to bake another one (not likely since I don't really enjoy baking). Sam needs something to contribute to tomorrow's turkey day luncheon at work so I baked this morning. It's an easy recipe so I've put it below for any other pumpkin lovers. And it doesn't have to be made in a bundt pan, I've also made it in the past in loaf pans to use as gifts, I think it makes 2 loaves.
Pumpkin Streusel Spice Cake

Cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1/2 cupe vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
4 eggs

Streusel Glaze:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1/2 to 3/4 cups chopped pecans

Combine cake mix, pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Beat for 1 minute, add eggs. Beat 2 minutes more. Pour into greased bundt pan. For topping, melt butter with brown sugar, add nuts. Pour half of the mixture on top of the cake batter. Bake cake at 350 for approximately 1 hour. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto plate.
When completely cool, drizzle remaining topping on cake.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that is drool worthy. Both DH and I LOVE pumpkin. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!