Sunday, November 5, 2023

Festive table runner


 I got this warp on the loom yesterday and almost have it woven off. It's basketweave and twill in 5/2 perle cotton. It was inspired by this fun melamine platter and a matching chip/dip tray I found this summer. They along with the runner will be a fun gift for friends that moved to AZ last year. I just love how festive and cheery it is. I put on enough warp for 2 long runners, not sure if the other will be a gift or if we'll use it ourselves.  I've really been enjoying weaving in fun colors lately, it's nice not to always be thinking about what will sell best, I love weaving what tickles me these days..........


1 comment:

  1. Your post title caught my eye on someone's blog list. I'm working on weaving table runners too, so I had to come see. Yours is wonderfully cheerful and festive! I know your friends will be very pleased.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!