Monday, January 9, 2023

Wall pouches

I made a few of these wall pouches for gifts this year. I'm pretty sure directions for this project were in an email from Bernina with a link to the Bernina site. 

These two are in my sewing room on the wall behind my machines.  The pouches are made using 4" embroidery hoops and pouches sewn to fit.  I've hung them using Command hooks. 

 Here are two that I hung next to the Macomber loom. I already had the little basket that I made years ago - it's job was to hold bobbins but it was always overflowing with empty bobbins, bobbins with bits and newly filled bobbins for the current project.  With the addition of the two pouches I've got them all covered now. 

I'm still working on the quilt blocks shown in my last post and will be for a while - it's slow sewing.  I've now got 15 blocks sewn. I'll probably be in need of a break soon so will think about what to put on the loom.........or get off the loom as there's still a 3 scarf warp on the AVL............



5 comments:

  1. Those little wall pouches are a great idea. I may have to steal it for next year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peg, I think you should make these next year - they were very fun to make. I think I need to make another couple in beachy fabrics for next to my loom on the coast.

      Delete
    2. Can you link to the directions?

      Delete
    3. Yes Peg. Here's the link. It's on the Bernina We All Sew website. https://weallsew.com/embroidery-hoop-hanging-baskets/

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!