Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Need some color in my life..........

This week I find I need some color in my life.  My family lost my cousin in January, he was way too young but had many health issues..........and no, it was not to covid. So now I need to deal with his affairs so am just taking it one day at a time as the process will go on for months. I'm also feeling the need to get back to something that resembles normal in my life.........I mean the new normal in covid times which other than not being able to go to a fabric store to pick out fabrics in person for a quilt and eat out it really doesn't affect me much, I'm happy staying at home. 

I just put this towel warp on the loom. This is where I'm auditioning wefts just weaving an inch of a color to see what I like. Not sold on any of them so far so will come back to this project in a day or so.

Yesterday I decided I needed to get back to spinning while we watch tv in the evenings and I just found out season 12 & 13 of Heartland were up on Netflix streaming so we've started our binge watching in the evenings. In my stash was a small amount of this Dicentra Designs roving - what fun to spin these bright intense colors.  I have no clue what I'll do with the yarn, will have to think on it once I see how much I get. I'm spinning fingering weight. 

I'm going to make an effort to post more often and maybe I'll actually have something to share. Hmm, where are those pictures of some gifts I made this year..........



4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss, Cindie. It is never easy. I’m glad you’re giving yourself time to go through the process at a reasonable rate. Many things just can’t be hurried.
    The bright colors on the loom and the wheel look so cheery, they’ll brighten your life for at least a few hours at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bright colors!! (That Dicentra fiber has GOT to keep you smiling!!)

    Hugs,
    Boom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss, and I hope the "finishing up" isn't too much of a hassle.

    I LOVE your bright colors on the warp and fiber. I feel cheerier just looking at them, and hope they work the same for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!