Thursday, December 12, 2019

Surfacing......

I'm surfacing for a bit. Life has been overwhelming and I just haven't had anything to say. I'm going to try to make an effort to get back to blogging in the new year......if it doesn't happen then I guess it wasn't meant to be and I'm not going to fret over it.

I did recently finish up a towel warp. I've woven this draft before but this time I just didn't care for the results as much - not sure why as I used the same size threads - the only difference is previously it was all cotlin, this time unmercerized cotton. They're ok, just not as pleased as I was with the first batch. The rest of what I've been working on are gifts...….finished, wrapped, shipped - hurray! One of these years I'm going to go straight from Thanksgiving to New Years and skip everything in-between........yep, sound like a scrooge but not really, just overwhelmed and stressed...….

We were on the coast recently - Misty sure knows how to relax.....she's either running flat out or she's snoozing like this, not much in-between.....she wears me out.


3 comments:

  1. Give yourself a break-be as mind to you as you would be to a good friend. You deserve it! Love that last shot of the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it's been a tough year for you. I'm with you on that-I'd like to see the end of 2019. I hope that it will be a better year for us both! Lovely weaving, as usual! It's amazing how much energy a golden can have-we walk ours, and then when we get home, she runs circles around and around the yard. If only we could adsorb some of that energy somehow....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think after a long walk they'd take a nap but nope, still as energetic as before the walk.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!