Sunday, April 21, 2019

New......

 New toddlers behind us and are they ever vocal looking for their moms. We were on the coast for a few days and came back to find them yesterday. Older cows are being very patient and trying to show them the ropes but I did see what looked like a look of disgust from one at the constant moo'ing. One of the older cows did shoo away a tom turkey that was causing the toddlers distress - they haven't figured out yet that they're much bigger than the turkeys. I need to think up names for them - right now I just call them sweet boys when I talk to them - they are very interested in me talking to them but it only last for a minute or so before they're back to crying for momma.


 The gingko tree we planted last fall has leaves emerging - they're only around 1/4" right now, all over the tree, so glad it's doing so well, was worried about it during the winter.


I spotted this bleeding heart with thanks to another weaving for identifying it even without a photo. Around 2 weeks ago I almost pulled the plant out of the ground - it looked like a weed, only a few inches tall. I'm so glad I didn't pull it up, now it's around a foot tall and has many of these heart shaped blooms. From reading about them it sounds like it will go dormant come the heat of summer so I need to enjoy it now. I'll mark where it is so I don't accidently plant over top it.


2 comments:

  1. The bleeding hearts are truly lovely. FYI they don’t like windy locations, so if you decide you have to move it, take that into account.
    So can the cows not reach the ‘toddlers’ or do they not want to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cows are with the 'toddlers' now - they do a great job watching over them although I think they tire of listening to the constant moo'ing when the toddlers are calling for momma.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!