Thursday, November 8, 2018

MIA

Yes, missing in action once again - sometimes there is just too much going on in my life and sometimes, like now, it's nothing I think would be of interest of anyone out there. Hopefully life will get back to normal in the not too distant future and I will have more creative 'stuff' to share.
I have been doing some sewing but it's for gift giving so I can't show it until after the holidays.

This morning we had freezing fog. I forgot to bring the hummingbird feeder in overnight but it wasn't frozen solid so the pair that visit were able to drink from it.

We have hummingbirds that stay here all year long which means I need to get back into the habit of bringing the feeder in at night so it's not frozen come morning.

It's hard to see in this photo but this hummie's beak is open - guess it's smacking it's lips and saying "yum, good sugar water"

And here just two hours later the sun has broken through and the feeder has thawed. These pix were taken through the window (with screen) right by my computer.


2 comments:

  1. I bet we'd like to just hear you blather sometimes. Try it...you never know.

    Your pix were remarkable, given that they were taken through a screen and in fog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathize as I have been MIA too. Just catching back up with my blog reading. Good to see your post!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!