Friday, February 2, 2018

What I've been up to......

Hmm, what have I been up to this week..........other than adminstrivia, which I've grown to hate.  Well, I've been out several days, one of them very fun getting together with a friend to lunch and start watching the new season of Frankie & Grace........or is it Grace & Frankie???  I can't remember, doesn't really matter.  I have pulled together all business and personal tax stuff but am still waiting on some 1099's - this is the earliest I've ever gotten it done. I've written a grant proposal for my weaving guild.......not submitted yet as I need to ponder on it a bit more. And I finally did a little work on my handout for the boundweave program I've got to present next month - I just can't seem to get my mind wrapped around what I want to write and what illustrations/photos to include.......to make myself feel like I've done something for it I did type up the bibliography this morning. This afternoon I started pulling many cones of cottons off some shelves, 4/2, 6/2 and slubs - time for them to move on to other homes. Eventually they may end up in my etsy shop but first I'll see if there are any takers here locally.
I needed to start another knit shawlette as I needed something mindless to work on while watching Frankie & Grace. This photo doesn't do this yarn justice - the color is much softer in person - I'm loving it.

In the evenings I've been working on a cross-stitch for the beach cottage. I've just got the border to finish up, charms will get attached on all the starfish. After I finish this one I'll pull out another one I already stitched with a shell theme - I'll need to add the charms, block the fabric over foam core and then get them framed.



3 comments:

  1. What a productive week! Love the new knitting. I'm so jealous of the people who will attend your Boundweave presentation--the pics and info you have presented so far are so inspiring.

    What type of grant proposal? To local groups? For equipment or other support?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grant is for weaving guilds that belong to ANWG - Association of Northwest Weavers Guilds. On off conference years they have started giving out grant money to guilds to either help with workshops, community outreach, exhibits, retreats, etc. They're for $600. The last time they did it we got a grant to use toward a Jason Collingwood workshop. Seems like a small grant but for a small guild it's a huge help in making some workshops/events possible.

      Delete
  2. Taxes. Ugh. They weigh on my mind, and that weight is getting heavier, so I need to just do it and be done. I did do my year-end inventory promptly, but haven't started the rest of it yet.

    The cross stitch is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!