Tuesday, May 31, 2016

New fawn

New baby just outside Bailey's fence this morning. Bailey was barking and barking, never stopping so I finally went out to see why he was being so mouthy.  Well, he was practically nose to nose through the fence with this new fawn - just 2 feet between them. The fawn is so new it could barely stand. It wasn't afraid of Bailey at all, maybe it thinks Bailey is it's Momma. It wasn't afraid of me talking to it. Sam ran to get the camera so we could get a picture of them practically nose to nose but Bailey had come to the deck stairs with me by that time so photo op missed. I snapped this quick pic and we've now left the fawn alone hoping it stays put and Momma comes back soon. It would have been so easy to have gone and hugged it up, I know it wouldn't have run off...........but that would have been the wrong thing to do so I kept my distance having faith Momma will be back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Can't you just see the fawn saying "Are you my Mother?" Hope the Mamma came back quickly and retrieved her naughty child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Momma was back within 20 minutes, thank goodness. I really think the fawn thought Bailey was it's mother.

      Delete
  2. This is the cutest thing I've seen today :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!