Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Going, going, gone.......

It's hard to get pix of the copters flying overhead - they're faster than I can run out on the deck and snap them.   Going......

....going........
 
....gone.  This copter has a snorkel on it for sucking up water to drop on fires in comparison to the bucket type like I posted this morning. Right after this copter I could hear another but I couldn't see it because of the smoke.....hearing another right now......busy air space.........

Report is that the fire spread to the north today but that it was anticipated - hmm, would like more details.......don't want it ever coming across the river........

I ran to town today for a couple hours to my spinning group - much needed therapy. I wouldn't have left except that Sam was going to be home and I was only 15 minutes away.  World of difference in town - sunny and much hotter - we're so socked in with smoke here there's no sun.

Sorry there are no fiber related pix.......maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get some weaving in while listening to fire updates on the radio.......tough to concentrate......or maybe I'll just weigh wool roving - have tons that arrived last week to deal with, that takes no concentration - totally mindless.....


2 comments:

  1. So why didn't they get more crews working this one while it was still small?
    I am SO ready for rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they did jump on it but with the winds it got too dangerous for ground crews so had to pull them off and just use air support on Saturday when it started. But, honestly, there are not many trucks, water tenders or bull dozers on the fire. Tomorrow is a community informational meeting at the middle school - will hopefully find out what the long range plans are for the fire.....having a meeting means we're in it for the long term...until it rains.........

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!